At RE/MAX Alliance, we root, root, root for the home team! If you’re as excited as we are for the return of America’s favorite pastime this spring, we put together a list of ideas to help you knock it out of the park on Major League Baseball’s (MLB) 2018 Opening Day. Put us in, coach – we’re ready to play!
- Take the day off. Many die-hard baseball fans would argue that Opening Day should be a national holiday, but chances are that your office is not closing for the day. You’ve worked hard all winter and you’re looking forward to a day in the sun, sitting in the ballpark stands with a hot dog and a cold drink, cheering on the home team — it’s worth the wait.
- Show off your colors. At RE/MAX Alliance, we’re partial to red, white and blue – but, we won’t fault you for showing off your favorite team’s colors. Old school is cool, but if your team jersey is outdated with a traded players name on the back or an old logo across the front, it’s time to start sniffing out some deals around town.
- Create lawn envy. Show off your team pride that will make your neighbors green with envy. Try your hand at field art – carve and cut your favorite ball club’s logo into those blades of green. Get inspired by some of the pros of SportField Management. Don’t forget to fly your team flag high on game day.
- Fire up the grill. The smell of the grilled brats and burgers in the air must mean that baseball season is here. Turn up the flames and invite family, friends and neighbors over to your Opening Day party. The menu should feature food and drinks synonymous with baseball – hot dogs and hamburgers, pretzels and peanuts and hamburgers.
- Snap an MLB mascot selfie. Smile and say, “I love baseball!” with your favorite major-league mascot. If you weren’t lucky enough to get an Opening Day ticket, that doesn’t mean you can’t join the party. Most metro sports teams celebrate with events and block parties near the stadium – you can bet you will find that furry mascot partying with the crowd. Sports Illustrated ranked MLB mascots — where did your mascot land on the list?
Are you ready to hit it out of the park with your next home purchase?